05 November 2005

"One day"

I love Peace

I was to visit my relatives. They live in one village in Shterpce municipality which is multiethnic populated. One of my cousins was going on meeting with some non government organizations and I went with him.
We went there on meeting on the Serbian side and talk about their new project. On the brakes (rests), I was talking with some Serbians about the Kosovo situation. They were about my aged and one of them was studying in Beograd University for Political Sciences. I was curious to hear them talking about Kosovo and to have their opinion and their hopes for here. I asked them about the economic and politic situation in Shterpce ‘cuse since I don’t live there I’m little away from their problems, and they started to explain that the economic situation there is very bad because they don’t have a lot of chances to get job and this is very bad because lot of peoples are living on bad living conditions. They said that Government need to do more for this place since here is a tourist place and with a little invest things can change for good.
While for political situations they said that everything is going good since they don’t have any problem with Albanians and they are free to move in whole Kosovo without problem and whenever they like. Then I asked them what they think about Kosovo status?
Nobody talk. I was trying to find out why they are so quite on this question. Are they afraid or what? Then by insisting to get one answer I asked them which status will be convenient for them? After this one of them said: I think that for moment Serbians in Kosovo are not sure what to do. To go in Serbia’s negotiation group or with Kosovo’s negotiation group, or to make their own group. On this time they are in the crossroad which is not easy to choose on which side to go.
Anyway in the end, she said that a good choice for them will be that Kosovo and Serbia to be together but this is one big question mark for us like for you independence. They said that they will be more safe and secure if Kosovo will enjoy Serbia and Montenegro Union and this was a part when I didn’t agree with them like majority peoples in Kosovo. I told them that they are looking just one side of all of this. I asked them what about Albanians, which are 90% and all of them likes Kosovo independence? I asked them what if albanians in Kosovo wants to enjoy Albania? And then I tried to explain to them why we don’t want to do that because the main reason is that we want to make our state which will be different from others states in Balkan.
However we continued talking and in the end we agreed that the only thing that is important for is to have more jobs, to save this stability and cooperation between this two ethnicities and to have good life here together in Kosovo. Then I start talking with my faculty college from Beograd University and he said that just a diplomacy and Medias in Beograd care about Serbians because peoples that are born there, they don’t talk for Kosovo and they are not very interesting what’s going on here. And then I asked him if in University they talk about Kosovo and what the academic level things about final status? And he start laughing and said: “I can’t tell you that your state will be independent but I can tell you this that what we learn for Kosovo is same like we learn for Cyprus or Israel, and he said I’m sure that our leadership don’t have any idea that is doing with Kosovo all that they can say for here is “more then autonomy and less then independence””. I said that it’s just like with our leaders that all that they can say is” JUST INDEPENDENCE” and they don’t have any idea or plan how to make this come true.
After this conversation they continued meeting and the focus was: how to develope our municipality.

Anyway from this visit I understood how much people of Kosovo is doing for a good life, I understood that even if we are different in our meanings or even if we have different ways to realize our ideas, our goals are same, and our faith is same because we live in same place, near each others. The time when we used to oppress each others is over.
So, and I’m sure that “one day” we will understand that just together we can achieve our goals and we can be important part of the world “without them” that Albanians and Serbians calls that they are their MOTHERS STATE.
“One day” we will understand that together we can do everything that we want just the precondition of this is to love same thing. But, I want “that day” to become TODAY so in this way and future will change and will be a good future.

1 comment:

Michi said...

Meli for President!!! You have such a good heart, lady. You make me proud.