09 November 2005

Around us

I love Peace

The story that I will write on was a “boom” on my family and on me too. I sow that peoples can be blind even if they have their eyes on. I sow how indifferent we are from a lot of bad things that happened around us.
The story that I’m talking to has happened this days on one mine cousin’s family. My far cousin come at my house to talk to my father about some problems that he have in his house that he can’t resolve by his self so he needed some advices since newer in his life he didn’t even imagine that something like that gonna happened. He was my father best friend always so he believed that he will give any good advice to him.
Before few days his son who is 25 years old came home crying and he told his father to send him to medic because long time he is taking drugs and he wanted to stop taking it any more but he couldn’t do that by himself. Our causing got socked it was the first time in his life that he have heard that someone that he knew was taking drug. He didn’t know just what to do, so he wears his coat and run to our house to ask my father what to do.
My father was shocked too, but he told him to take his son and to send him to hospital and then to do what medics will tell him to do. And he did the same thing, that day he took his boy and sends him to hospital and then they told him to stay on hospital until they will make him strong to survive without taking drug. He is still in hospital and the medics are taking care for him.
First medics asked him how long he took drugs but he wasn’t sure about time because he stopped it for a while when he was taking it like smoke and after while he start taking it needle. But after test they found out that for one year and a half he is taking drugs with needle. Then the medic asked him why he takes it for the first time? And he answered that he didn’t knew for sure if that was drug because his friend told him that that is just special cigarette. And then he liked it and everyday he uses to smoke it with his friends. After this they was curious to try another kind of drugs so they start taking with noise and then by needle. His family didn’t notice anything at this time. Once, before a year they send him to medic because he was sick and they asked him why his eyes are always kind of red and why he looks bloodless but the medic told then that a boy have some problems with adrenals so this are the symptom’s of this. This was a story which his father told it to our family.
So now G… (like this I will call my cousin in future) is on hospital. It looks like in hospital they have special department for taking care about these peoples.
I was curious to see that place so when my parents went to visit him on hospital I please them to take and me there. I was happy that hospital has one place like that for resolving these problems but I sow that all the rooms was empty and when I asked one medic why all of rooms are empty he told me that they don’t have patient.
And I was thinking if really there aren’t anymore peoples that are using drugs? G… said that he start it with his friends? How many friends? Where are they now? Are they still using drugs? Did somebody from their family know that they are taking drugs? We know that there are a little chances that one drug addict ask for help, every one of them run from help, but is terrible when we a society are so little organized to help these peoples.
But, I know that we need to do something about. We need to inform all families, all pupils, all students for dangerous.
It was truly that before 1999 here was not this kind of problems but I think that kosovars needs to stop being pride for the healthiest youth in the whole world. I think we all need to take a look around, and to see how blinds we are. I think we need to do something; I need to do something about this. This makes us inability society so we need to stop this thing happened to our neighbors, to our cousins because is we tolerate today this to happened to them, tomorrow will happened to us. We really need to do something.

2 comments:

Michi said...

Meli,

This is such a hard thing for a family to deal with. I have had many friends in my life that have suffered through the same thing. It is a long and difficult road to recovery, but with the support of family and friends (the right kind of friends), your cousin will get through this. As will your family. Be strong and supportive, your cousin needs you.

Michelle

I love peace said...

you are right Michi, this is very hard thing to deal with. But, here in Kosova is more difficult because the peoples are not prapared with this cases and most of time they behave poorly with those peoples. It is very terrible that lot of young peoples are taking drugs and the society is doing nothing to prevent them or to stop they that still didn't start, and the bad thing is that we ignore them and their problems.

My cousin's family is doing everything to save their son's life and my family is helping them a lot. Now we are trying to send him in Italy in one re-establish organization. we are still not sure if this is good idea but the doctors of that organization says that they really have a good program for these peoples and knows how to bring them in a righte way.
who knows? mabye they do.